Monday, April 20, 2009

4 top vaneers done, 2 days later a tooth breaks, can I sue dentist if not fixed correctly?

I recently paid $3200.00 to have my fiance%26#039;s 4 teeth done with Luminare Vaneers. Not more than 2 days later, she%26#039;s standing there talking to me and without impact the one tooth cracks in half and falls off. Okay, no need to panic, we%26#039;ll revisit the dentist. She says yes, come in Monday right away and I%26#039;ll reattach the broken piece and reorder that one tooth vaneer. My fiance goes in, she cements and readds the one cracked tooth (for the wedding) and also grinds down that and the adjacent parallel tooth to match. However, instead of a flat smile on top 4 teeth, my fiance has buck teeth!





We want to call her and request ANOTHER replacement tooth for the one vaneer she ground down and hopefully she complies. If not, could we sue for an impromperly performed procedure? All she wants is to have her 4 teeth level and equal, not buck-teeth with the incisors ground down half way. It%26#039;s not what she waited 10 years for and paid $3200.00 to have done, you know? Any advice?

4 top vaneers done, 2 days later a tooth breaks, can I sue dentist if not fixed correctly?
You need to read the warranty if there is one, I am also considering veneers, was it painful and did it look natural with her other teeth. I am sorry she had this problem
Reply:What kind of paperwork did you sign, if any? Did you read the fine print? I%26#039;ve had surgeries before and there are lots of disclaimers you have to sign.





I have front teeth problems too and its a real pain. Getting a good dentist is important. Maybe this dentist isn%26#039;t any good? Do you have much experience with this dentist or know anyone who has, or are you new to this doctor?





No medical procedure is perfect science. Things go wrong, even in the hands of people that are 100% capable of doing the job right. Talk to the doctor and try to make sure they understand the results you want to get and understand how unhappy you are right now. Being nice may get you farther than going in angry and saying you%26#039;re going to sue. If you threaten a lawsuit they may stop working on you right then and there and you%26#039;re done.





I wish I could tell you more. Good luck.



family nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment