Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is this a good Tall Tale?

As I walked into my den on Christmas morning, imagine my surprise as my parents introduced me to my “present”, an adopted baby brother! Except, he wasn’t a baby, he was 11 years old and he was a large gopher, with buck teeth… named Christian. Now, he was an extremely cute and real entertaining, but it wasn’t the type pet I was looking for.





That night, the gopher, Christian, moved into an adjoining room to mine. Better yet, we got to share the same bathroom and you know Christian is a boy and you know how boys are in the bathroom. At least he had nice fur and Santa had left a leash in my stocking just for Christian.





After my parents went to sleep, I went into Christian’s room and tied the leash around his neck. That’s correct, I didn’t hook it properly, but instead tied it in a slip knot, like a noose. My plan was to accidentally drop him out of my window and let the leash do him in and actually, I executed my plan perfectly, but evidently, Christian was not a normal gopher. As he plunged out of the window, he started moving his jaws really fast and talking non-stop and somehow began to fly. I have never heard any human or animal talk that much or that loud, but it worked amazingly. The only problem was that I was attached to the other end of the leash and this blooming gopher was flying and pulling me along with it.





As we flew over the Cooper River Bridge, I finally stopped screaming, but he didn’t ever quit talking. Later that night as he flew me back into my window, I realized that this was the best pet ever and I surely didn’t want to hang him anymore. We go flying every night after my parents go to sleep and I make sure he get’s lots of gopher food. Even though, he never quits talking and is really loud, he is my best friend and my favorite pet.

Is this a good Tall Tale?
Omg, that's freaking awesome!! thanks for sharing.
Reply:if I come to your house can I have some of what you have been smokin?





cute story btw. With a few changes, I can see this becoming a kids picture book. I'd leave out the part of doing him in, and add or change it to selling him to the zoo or a dog catcher. good luck



flirt

No comments:

Post a Comment